Sunday, August 4, 2013

UFYH

Picture discs from the 40's that we hung up last night.


Because we're having company over today, Brian and I have made really good progress towards unfucking our habitat this weekend.  Right now I'm really pleased with how at least our middle floor looks.

There are two problems with this:

1) Whenever the phrase "made really good progress" comes up in our house, suddenly Brian and I manage to completely stop whatever we're doing and give up.  It's a sign of the end whenever we get pleased with our progress.  So, crap.

2) Now that everything is neat again, I'm moving into that "oh there's so much to be fixed here" state.  I'm now painfully aware of how there really should be a houseplant on the cart in that corner, and how we need to make a firm decision on putting the TV on the wall or on a stand because the white space above the TV is driving me nuts, and how I'm going to have to rearrange my gallery wall soon because the empty spots are driving me crazy, and how I need to reupholster the wing-back chair, and on and on and on.

But overall, I'm happy right now. I'm able to look around right now and see things that are in my house not because they're functional, but because they're lovely. I have live flowers in a vase behind me.  (Okay, live is stretching it...they're a week old.) I got new throw pillows yesterday, and they are ORANGE.  I hate orange!  But I like these and they look nice with the sofa that's currently in our living room and the sofa that is soon to be in our living room.

I like being happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment