Saturday, April 6, 2013

Starting Fresh

I've been wanting to get back to writing daily(...ish)  about my life, not that it's interesting at all, but because sometimes I feel like I just think too much, and if I don't drain some of those thoughts out, my brain might drown in them. A certain someone yelling at me all the time about it finally gave me the push to start or something.

I have my LiveJournal that I've had since 2002, and I could (and sometimes do) use that, but I feel like there's just too much history over there. My poor little LJ has seen me through my Young Republican phase, my LJ Support phase, my fandom phase (wait, that one is still going on), and all the other phases of me growing up.  It's where I decided to break up with Brian, get back together with Brian, where I worked for LJ, where I quit LJ, and where I've put all the feelings that I've had that I didn't want other people to see, or I only wanted some people to see, or I wanted everyone I didn't know to see.  It's just too much, and I have to step away with it because I'm not that person anymore.

Or rather, I'm not entirely that person.  The Bethany from LJ spends all her time on the internet, and Bethany 2.0 does too, but...differently.  I can't put a pin exactly on what's different, but something is.  I'm just more real-life focused now, more zoomed in on the people and places I see everyday, and building and maintaining my relationships with them.  But I'll always be a little bit LJ Bethany, and I'll always love all my LJ friends and who they are and what they did to me, and there's no way I ever would have moved out of my Young Republican phase if it weren't for them. I'm forever grateful, believe me.

So what am I going to do with this thing?  Who knows.  Here's a picture of a cat.


No comments:

Post a Comment